jueves, 15 de abril de 2010

Murals / Murales



English: Yesterday afternoon I drove past some high school kids, the members of the new “communicational guerillas” that the government is organizing to paint the city with political slogans. So I took out my camera and shot these pictures through the window shield to preserve the murals along the Valley Highway that they hadn’t covered yet. The photos aren’t good; I had to take them from my moving car and through the spaces left by the cars in the lane that blocked my view. But here they are. Probably tomorrow they will be erased.

Español: Ayer en el atardecer pasé muchachos, integrantes de las nuevas "guerrillas comunicacionales” que el gobierno ha organizado para cubrir las paredes de mensajes políticos. En alquel momento se dedicaban a poner una capa inicial de pintura sobre los primeros murales del Autopista del Valle. Entonces saqué mi cámara y a través del parabrisas tome algunas fotos de los que todavía no habían borrado. Estas imágenes no son buenas, las tomé con el carro en pleno movimiento y tuve que evitar la columna de autos que bloqueaban mi vista. Pero aquí están; no sé si mañana estarán allí.